- From Steve
- Ways to Help
LOYALTY: Consistently demonstrating support for someone or something
Dedication to people and commitments + being supportive and dependable = loyalty
“Loyalty means that I will be with you whether you are right or wrong, but if you are wrong, I will tell you and help you make it right.”
- Boundaries – Loyalty is not blind to wrongdoing, but loyalty is being kind enough to share the truth.
- Maturity – Loyalty should not keep you from thinking for yourself.
- Going the extra mile – Do more than the bare minimum! Exceed expectations when you are able.
Enemies of Loyalty:
- Misguided loyalty – Causing someone to refuse to face the facts, overlook incompetence, or cover up wrongdoing.
- Thoughtless words – Trust and loyalty take a long time to develop, but can be destroyed in a few moments.
- Options – The proliferation of choices makes an “uncommitted” person fear “missing something.”
THE HUMAN QUALITIES WE TREASURE MOST ARE FIRST SEEN IN OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD. GOD’S FAITHFULNESS AND LOYALTY TO US ARE BEYOND DESCRIPTION.
Loyalty is Lodestar Guidance principle 19 of 48. The Lodestar Guidance leadership training program is an innovative series of 48 characteristic traits exhibited by true leaders. Lodestar Guidance is changing lives and is combining leadership, faith, character, and culture. This quality program can be instrumental in your life and the lives of those around you! For more information about the Lodestar Guidance program, please contact Luke Weaver at (800) 729-2239.